It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-06-10

What I did today

This took me about 9 to 10 hours today. I didn't take a lunch today. I could have taken a lunch, but I just didn't feel like it. Today, I chose not to take a lunch. I wasn't hungry and I wanted to get things done. Did so.

  • Setting up [a laptop] for redeployment.
  • Active Directory purge.
  • Round robin backup server offsite. Updates. Move files.
  • Restage [a machine] for [a user].
  • Image and setup [a laptop] for redeployment.
  • Install Acrobat on a bunch of Unix systems.
  • DHCP for [a user] with Manual changes.
  • Misc Tasks that take less than an hour.
    • IT meeting.
    • Help Rusty a bit with an install.
    • Deal with [a user's] printer.
    • Join a Linux box to the network.
    • Local machine setup 101 with a user.
    • Jiggle a cable on a server to bring internal web page back up.

I'm trying to think of something that I learned today. I learned that Ubuntu local user do not like their home folders moved around. Well, I already knew this. I learned that you basically have to set the root password, remove your existing user created at install, move the files, and then create a new user at the command line while pointing it to the new folder to get this done.

No comments: