It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-06-20

Too big to get sued

The Supreme Court put the brakes on a massive job discrimination lawsuit against mega-retailer Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., saying sweeping class-action status that could potentially involve hundreds of thousands of current and former female workers was simply too large.
CNN Headline News email

All you have to do is screw a lot of people for a long time and you get away with it. Yet one more freedom that is out the window. I have friends who have worked for Wal-Mart. They have horror stories. I buy stuff at Wal-Mart. I feel just a touch of shame when I do. This kind of thing may not last that much longer because A) Everyone is buying their supplies from China. And B) China will not be the juggernaut of cheap labor for all that much longer. Manufacturing labor expense is climbing by 16% a year. That shall not stand.

No comments: