It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-06-05

Poetic License

Wouldn't it be nice if you could just crank out beautiful prows when you have nothing else going on? I've noticed that I feel the muse of writing most on days when I have the most going on. Days where I'm sitting on my tukes and staring at the walls, nothing comes to mind to spill upon the page. Maybe it just seems this way. Maybe there is no reality to my perception of do vs create.

This law of creativity applies to more than poetry. It seems like all forms of creativity hit you while you are doing something else. Perhaps this is why love has such prevalence. While folks are falling in and indeed out of love, they seem to ooze creativity. Whatever form of creation takes them comes in buckets. There was a Seinfeld episode on the subject. Men get smarter as they have less sex. Women get smarter as they have more sex. That is a bit off base of my theme here , but you get the idea.

Potential time killers

Ode to an air conditioner.

How dirty can carpet get?

Scour Hulu for that episode of SG1 you missed. (found it!)

The balance between security and escaping a fire.

The art of cleaning clean guns.

Surfing the net until you pass out.

Shoot the most boring YouTube video ever.

Those are almost creative suggestions. I had to stop myself from suggesting that you get something done round the house to alleviate boredom. That would just be wrong. What is the deal with not wanting to be productive when you are bored? If only there were a pill that would make people who are willing to sit and do nothing get up and do something. This would change how the world works.

How many times have I wined about not having two things. I lack get up and do it. I also lack stick to it. How different would my life be if I had these two attributes? Would I be happier? Would I be richer? Would I be alive?

All I wanted when I started this blog entry was to write a stupid poem that no one would remember.

No comments: