It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-06-29

Old Radio

I was listening to an old time radio of Philip Marlo today after lunch. I reached up to put a piece of Wrigley's Spearmint gum in my mouth nearly at the same moment that the old time advertisement came on. It was Wrigley's Spearmint gum. Crazy. Kind of made me stop for just a moment and think about all those people making living with radio plays way back when. Sounds like a heck of a thing to do. It also made me think that Wrigley's gum just might outlast radio as a means of entertaining the masses.

The next show had Shirley Temple and Carry Grant. They did a show called "The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer". Wow. I'm pretty sure it also had the guy who plaid Fred in Lucille Ball show. It is a story that says that people spend their childhood trying to grow up and the rest of their life trying to relive their childhood.

The very next radio show had the guy who did the voice for Fred Flintstone. Turns out that guy was in a bunch of old radio shows. I hear him often.

No comments: