It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-06-13

Notes:

Someone told me there is a book about a guy who lost everything because of jury duty.

One of our employees is off on maternity leave. She answers her email earlier and faster than most of the people who are here. She is always quick. That is just the way she rolls.

Smoking really does have a weight control component. They have finally figured it out. The details are complex. Let's just say that it is real and they now know why that when someone quits smoking, they gain weight. -Naked Scientist

Scientists are showing promise at getting the human heart to rebuild itself after a heart attack. This is using stem cells. Good thing we are fully funding stem cell research in this country. (sarcasm) -Naked Scientist.

The U. K. government appears to be telling people that they need to be employed and if they are employed they need to be happy they have a job and stop complaining about the job market. That is one interpretation. Employers want people to be desperate. That is true all over the world. Employers seem to be the only one's who have the money to affect politicos. Nothing new here. The news is starting to let the mask slip in rare cases.

Half of Main Stream Media says we have extreme weather all over the globe and the other half says that what is going on is a glut of mass hysteria and a normal weather pattern world wide. East Texas has a drought and the mid west has a monsoon. Sounds about right.

Have to install Windows on a drive just to get the over clocking software to work. Then I get to over clock the machine. Then I get to put the old OSes back on the device so people can use them and complain that they are still too slow. It is maddening. It is a living though. I suppose it could be worse. I could have to have three people watching me to change a light bulb.

I get 20 views a day on this blog on a good week. I get about 30 a day on YouTube. I get 1 a day on Tumblr. I have no way of knowing how many I get on Twitter.

They had the fountain at work cranked today. I wanted to get some footage at lunch while the sun was hitting the spouts. I didn't get a lunch today. The morning sun comes in at about the best angle to get some good looking light. The building, however, reflects like mad and you get sun in the frame.

20% of Americans are unemployed or under employed. Stores are closed. You can't get a buyer for your house. It isn't a depression though.

Took yesterday off for contact lenses. It is amazing how much better these contacts are than my old ones. They cost about twice as much I think, but they are just plane amazing. I don't know how they sell the old ones any more. Still, you need a day off now and again.

It's funny watching and listening to media from Australia. They are in winter. The heat is killing us here. It is kind of nice knowing the weather really does have sense of humor.

No comments: