It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-04-12

Dell

Nat needs a laptop. We ordered one from Dell. Our transaction went through after midnight. The laptop is just over some minimum number or the time of the order set off some flag. Neither of us of us knew some security code that the credit card was asking for. Long story short, the transaction got held up.

The solution is to call the bank. Get the transaction approved. Then get hold of Dell and get them to rerun the transaction. This means several phone calls. This means everything has to be done during work hours. This means that Kelly has so many things to balance between work and home life. Normal stuff.

Couple things. My bank was amazingly professional. Every one I've ever spoken to is professional and informed. This is in stark contrast to Dell. The first person I spoke to was an idiot. He statutes in the way that makes you loose confidence in his efforts. He sounded like some guy who does this job because he has to do so. All I got out of him was a better phone number to call. I called this number and got hold of someone who sounded like they were in India. She was intelligent, understanding and more professional. She listened to my story one time and was able to help me.

This reminds me of when I worked for a huge corporation. If I put up the name you would recognize it. I worked in a support capacity. I didn't quite live on the phone to the help desk, but there were days it seemed so. I would deliberately save the harder issues until the next day. I always came in early. Any calls to the help desk before 09:00 I believe it was went to India. The people in the states were hit and miss. Mostly miss. Anyone who showed promise was taken off the first line and moved off to a second or third tear. The Indian call center had smart people on the front line. How much time and effort did this save for the company? I told people at the company my mind on the matter. I convinced some people to do the same. No one ever came back to me and complained.

No comments: