It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-02-16

Too nuts for the homeless guy

Man, I have been in a bad mood the last couple days. I nearly bit people's heads off yesterday afternoon at work. I was in the middle of working on someone's printers and someone else came up and asked in that annoying try not to piss you off kind of way that sales people are so apt at, "Is there something wrong with the network?" I Shouted "I don't know!" at him and kept working on the printers. I had just plane had it at that point with messing with people's wireless. They want wireless on computers that will never move. They want wireless on computers that are not portable. They would get more work done if they had that one extra wire that they are missing.

When I went home, I ranted loudly on the walk. I kind of helped. I passed by a place where a homeless guy has been camping. He looked at me like I was nuts. This morning, I walked by him again. Ranting even more loudly and telling off all fifteen of my bosses to no one. He pretended not to wake up. I fear I make him uncomfortable.

When I expressed this concern to a friend, he said (once he stopped laughing) that he sometimes does something similar. He will verbalize his side of an argument with no one on occasion. The reasons or sources of the conflict may not be the same, but the coping mechanism seems to be related. I'm sure this is just the brain's way of practicing for future contact or conflict. It may be a release where you can say the hurtful things that you don't really mean, but that are bubbling their way to the top. The ego wants to try them on before waring them out so to speak.

I'm not crazy, I'm coping. Dammit!

No comments: