It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-02-09

Mission Log

Before lunch

The local news warned of a cold front with rain coming in to the Houston area around noon today. They reminisced to five days ago when the last freezing rain hit the area and warned of a something similar, but not nearly as intense. This morning I wore my jacket and rain slicker on the walk to the bus stop. The only moisture came from over spray off the road. It was almost too warm for both outer ware and yet too cool for just the slicker. I imagine this will not be a problem this afternoon.

Someone blew their nose all over the window next to the seat I sat in. Fortunately, I didn't have to get near it. Wander why no one rides the bus unless they have to in this town. The only other thing I can think of regarding the bus ride in this morning is that not one word was uttered except to the bus driver in a business sense. Not one chat. Not one how-do-you-do.

I actually went out to lunch with some of the guys. That is a rare thing for me to do because I'm trying to keep the expense to a minimum. Before we hit the door, we were saying we wanted to go about 300m away for lunch. Thirty seconds after exiting the building we decided to cut it to about 80m. Good food regardless.

Lunch Conversation

  • How bad we had it back in the day on days off at work. These whippersnappers just don't know how bad it was back then.
  • TV shows about cooking and cooks yelling at each other.
  • Snow flakes and general weather related banter about how no one watches local news for the weather any more. That is all I watch any more.
  • Putting down the pencil on your last final at collage and driving straight to your first day of work. Several people have done this at our company.
  • I have a G1, the Edsel of smart phones.
  • Someone doesn't like booths.
  • Something about DnD having been boring or taking too long or something. I was munching by then.

Again, no discussion that I caught about video games. I wander if I'm just blocking it out.

After Lunch

I took off from work early to hit the locksmith. I got a funny key copied. Then, Nat and I went to Walgreen's for a passport photo. Funny how long that takes. I can't go straight to turn in the paperwork because I need to get my ID renewed. I just expired on my most recent birthday. When it rains it poors.

Ate some Chinese food. Nat says this white sauce that she got in place of soy sauce is great.

Taking at least the morning tomorrow to get my ID updated and take care of some paperwork. It is just one of those things you have to do to stay alive these days. I can't renew online for some reason. Wish me luck.

No comments: