It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-01-17

Words matter

It has become an art to word your insult so it sounds like news.

How many times have I heard the term "Angry Republicans in the House of Representatives." or, something to that effect? The press is drooling for blood. That is what sells information. I can't say that is what sales papers any more. I have a bad feeling that every little thing is going to be blown to crises proportions until there is no media left to shout from the mountain top.

"Those most in need ..." This keeps coming up. The government in the U. K. wants to give people on disability and terminal cancer and such cheaper energy for heat in the winter. That sounds good, but the people on both sides seem to forget that that bill goes to consumers. Turn around and the idea of "higher taxes on retailers" comes out of their mouths with zero regard that it will be passed straight on to the consumer. Keep sticking your head in the magic sand. At what point will someone say "I don't need this?" Well, it happens more and more every day.

It is MLK day. I think Mr. King was a great man. He fought for what he believed in. He made wrongs right. He died in his trek for a better world. I don't get the day off, but my child does. Thank goodness we have someone who is willing and able to watch her. It sounds to me like there is still a wrong that needs to be made right.

Mr. King was a master of words. His words really mattered. Some folks are slopping over with words that cause more harm than good. When you spew hate in your words, when you divide people with your words, when your words hurt people, you are doing more harm than good. Stop it. Causing a divide between groups of people and inciting a riot is a bad thing.

No comments: