It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-01-24

Notes:

Time's getting near to start mowing. It is January! That is just wrong!

I played with a database for a bit today. The grinding sound coming from between my ears and the smoke was annoying. It had been a while since I had put together an Access DB. I was not particularly good at it to begin with.

Had to put tape on my phone today. The back of the case is cracking. It is a cheap after market back that fits over the enormous battery I had to get because the stock battery sucked. Thanks T-Mobile. You fail me once again.

We have a public address system at work. It works through the phone system. Everyone has their own way of picking up the phone and using the address system. The way the big boss does it is pretty much unique. You can hear it every time. Every time I hear that succession of clicks, I cringe and dread my name being called.

The more I read about firewalls, the more I hate them. The moment I start thinking about what is going on and what needs to go on I get a headache. I understand how all the pieces work. I get an idea how to make the changes. How are you supposed to know what to do? There is a philosophy to this. This is like juggling porcupines. It is aggravated by the fact that I only have live servers to play with. It is as much voodoo as skill. They are one of those necessary evils that must be conquered in order to get anything done on a network.

This is not the most miserable weather we have had. However, it is some of the most miserable weather we have had. Good thing it is not supposed to last for a very long time. That is what makes weather truly miserable.

No comments: