It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-01-03

Monday

Wow, what a day.

Work

Today was the first day back after a long time off. You know how these things go. There is a huge pile of work waiting for you when you get back. Well, this time is a bit different because the whole company, minus a couple die hards and a couple new folks, get the same week. Very nice because of that lack of pile awfulness when you get back. Huge benefit of working where I work.

We have 10 computers showing up that were ordered late last year. They didn't make it in yet. This gave me the opportunity to get a bunch of other stuff done.

I spent a big slice of my day trying to make an image of a laptop. Semantic Ghost kept eating DVDs. I swapped burners and things started working again.

Played catch up from stuff that I didn't get done last year. Some things are still not done. It sucks. I have a bunch of wireless routers that I was hoping to get set up today, but this will happen tomorrow hopefully. One of the other tasks is a person who has a hard time getting a good signal and I hope this will fix his issue.

One of our users has an issue with his email. I asked him if he was typing or selecting a choice in one of the fields and he told me he was selecting. NOT. I had to bug Dan to get help and it boiled down to a bad text field entry. BAH!

Swapped out a video card for a cruddier video card that had no fan because the faster video card had a noisy fan that sounded like a cement mixer.

Elle

Elle heads back to school tomorrow. I cannot help but think that she is not prepared. Oh, she has her homework done for the most part. She has done a bunch of reading. However, she will be dragging some serious butt tomorrow. Her sleep schedule is off. We have tried to get her to sleep on time, but she wakes Nat up in the middle of the night by talking to herself in bed at all hours. I think I did the same thing when I was her age.

Thumb Drive

I have a 16G thumb drive. I use it at work and at home for all kinds of cool stuff. It of course disappeared over the long week. I left my other thumb drive at work, so no podcasts for me today at work. I've been fretting over this for a while. I would hate to have to buy another drive. I need one about that size for hauling ISO images around, and all kinds of other countenances.

I last remember having it when I switched backpacks Christmas day. My parents got me a nifty pack that is high quality. I'm not used to that. So, I search the old pack. I search the new pack. I dig out my genes and run through the pockets. I look at work today, even though I haven't been closer than riding by on Westheimer since before Christmas. I bugged my mom to look around their place. I turn our house upside down and shake. Nothing.

Nat looks for two minutes and finds it in my new pack. She got $5 for her trouble. That was all I had on me.

Commute

This morning I got to use my new flashlight on the way in. It works great. I shine it on the ground as I have gone over before and it really seems to help me seem to take up more space so people don't get so close.

Fell full on asleep on the bus on the way home. I didn't have any coffee today. The cup I fixed in the morning tasted like monkey nuts. I couldn't bring myself to face another. I got a Dr Pepper on the way home. Nat gave me a ride from the bus stop.

New computer

I have not had a chance to call Directron yet. I have sent them an email, but those tend to get lost on the holiday schedule. I'll have to make time for them tomorrow. I didn't even get lunch today trying to get caught up. I really really REALLY want that new computer. Of course, I want something not so standard so I'll have to deal with humans. BAH!

Tonight

Prey for me to get a good night's sleep. I didn't get a wink last night. I woke up after about two hours and maybe got another hour before heading to work.

No comments: