It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-01-24

Editor

I use NEdit at home and work. It is a pretty cool editor. It is a bit more like old Windows editors. I'm not married to it. It is just better than some of the alternatives. Don't get Linux people started on their favorite text editors. Many deaths.

The different versions of NEdit use different spell checkers. The old one uses ispell. The new one uses aspell. The aspell package was clearly written by someone for whom English was not their primary language. Some of the keys are simply backwards.

Field ispell aspell
Use Work Home
Replace Start at 1 Start at 0
Add word Add Insert
Ignored Ignore Accept

I'm getting used to it. I like the spell checker in GEdit better. That is all I like about GEdit better though. If I complain about the spell checker in VI.

No comments: