It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-01-28

Dark

I had the funniest dream last night.

There was a tiny RV trailer. It had only a small cot, table and some storage on the inside. It was not meant for spending large quantities of time. The entire back of the tin can lifted for easier access. From the outside, it just looked like a storage trailer. It was a place to crash.

The vehicle we used to pull it was nowhere to be found. There were five of us staying in this little trailer or in tents quickly pitched beside it. We had set up camp as much as we could. We didn't have a lot of equipment. No electrical or water hookups. Someone was setting up a camp stove. I was trying to get an old Colman fuel lantern lit before it got too dark.

As I looked around, I thought "This doesn't look like our normal Faire. Where are we? The trees made it look like East Texas. It was flat and hot. The humidity was not too bad, but that was probably the trees. We were the only ones around. The open space we chose for camping was not very large.

There were frogs chirping. The mosquitoes were buzzing like a charging army. The darkness and hidden forest behind the trees grew in to a world unknown. It was there a few minutes ago.

The lantern was gone. The camp and people were gone. The frogs got very loud. The trees seemed to melt in to darkness. I felt myself in a sleeping bag. I was waded up like a microwave burrito. I was in my room.

The alarm went off and I got up. The dream stuck for some reason. Normally dreams like this simply fade to nothing. The use of such things is limited. They are not important for survival. They fade and vanish. Why did I remember this one?

No comments: