It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-05-04

Publishing Bullshit

One of the podcasts I listen to predicts a book publishing crash coming within about the next year based on ebook and all the new software out there. The per unit print price will skyrocket and ebooks are easy to publish and promote. Authors may want to take the challenge on themselves instead of using a publisher more often than happens now. Authors are already saying “If I sell 10,000 copies of this ebook, I'll write a equal.” Basically, the whole process is being handed to authors. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

It looks like e-pub is the dominate file format. There are a tone of devices out there. Even the Apple-happy liberals say that Apple is an eight hundred pound gorilla and there needs to be competition. Sony, Microsoft and even Google are getting in to the whole ebook reader device world.

I just don't need another device. Make it work on my existing phone. Scratch that. Let my phone read it to me. I'm all for that. I'm legally blind and need an audio reader. I'm willing to sue for the functionality. I might even pay for content. Maybe. As apposed to public domain content of course.

No comments: