It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-05-18

lightning

I got home last night and started weed eating. I tried to cut down the one green thing in my front flower bed that looks like a tree. It is actually a tall weed. I could not find my saw and tried to use my pocket knife. It didn't work out.

No sooner do I get done than the storms start rolling in. In the beginning of the storm, we had close and powerful lightning. I walked out to the garage, opened it and stood there with the water resistant case I got recently and just aimed it at the sky.

I captured two or three staggering strikes on video. I was a bit excited and made some stupid cometary. The rain came down sideways and blew in the garage. I gave up as I got soaked. As aiming the camera at the garage door and walking to the button to close the door, I accidentally captured the crazy lightning that simply obscured the entire garage door with light. this is toward the end of the video. Those are water drops on the waterproof case's lens. I don't think you can make this frame out on the YouTube version of the video.

Once inside the house the power blinked a couple of times. The power pole out back made a really loud “gzzzzzzzt!!!!” noise during one of the blinks. I thought for sure something caught on fire, but I noticed no damage later and the electricity was on the whole night.

Elle was following me around with four very scared stuffed animals in her arms. “Can hail break the glass in the windows?” she asked.

“It can Sweety.” I answered. “Let's hope it doesn't.”

She was quite concerned with electricity coming through the wires and killing the electronics. She is pretty smart because she explained how lightening can hit a wire outside and come through to the Microwave and TV.

No sooner did I get the video ready to upload than the second round of storms rolled in and I had to kill it and turn off the computers and went to bed. Fortunately, the second round didn't seem as intense as the first. Still a great deal of energy in the air.

No comments: