It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-05-09

Kick Ass

Spoiler alert! I don't know if I'm going to say anything about the plot or not, I do this just in case I do, you are on your own.

Went and saw Kick Ass Now I'm depressed. The guy in the movie goes after his dream. I've never done this. I never will. Now I'm depressed. It makes it difficult to go to bed tonight, get up in the morning and go to work again. Then, do it again tomorrow. Then again the day after. I haven't seen a movie in a while. Now I watch this one and it depresses me.

This guy decides he is not going to put up with people's shit any more and decides to get involved. He gets his ass handed to him a couple of times. Other people bail him out. The old adage "Nothing trumps treachery" comes in to play and some friends die because of his fuckups. Not everything works out in the end.

It isn't that I want people to loose. I'm sick of teenagers in movies. Maybe that is it. I liked Falling Down. That was all about a guy who has his ass kicked by fate and then looses it. He ends up killing himself, but until then he is empowered and taking control of his destiny. Isn't that what you are supposed to do? Isn't that what all the self help books say?

Nat would not stop talking during the movie. The BLT at Alamo was half the size it used to be. Less fries too. It turns out we had some friends of our sitting right behind us the whole movie. It was a good movie. I would recommend watching it. I kind of wish I had waited for it to hit the home theater. I may never go to a movie again.

No comments: