It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-05-04

Colors make a difference

There is a high contrast dark scheme/theme on almost all computers. They all suck. I've complained about these before. it would be great to use them. My eyes don't have to try to focus as much using a dark background with lighter text. It never fails that some graphic or text is black on really dark blue and impossible to read. Why do I keep trying?

In Open Office the background of tables do not change, but the color of the text does change. This can make for very hard to read sections and design problems. Who cares? I'll flip back and forth to get things done as needed.

I remember the days of DOS and MS Word on DOS. It only worked with gray text on a blue background. It was impossible to read, even for people with perfect vision for the long term. A later version of Word for DOS allowed for a different color scheme. If memory serves, there were no tables. Just a note how old that platform was.

No comments: