It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-10-03

Very Local News

There were LED light bulbs at Sam's Club today. Nat noticed them. They were 1.5 watt. How cool is that. One and one half watt. If we were not already over budget, I would have picked up a pack of 3 for $15 just to try them out. Maybe next month.

They also had a new batch of notebooks at Sam's. The prices have dropped even farther since last time I looked. I cannot imagine trying to sell an old laptop. By the time you get the screen seat to your favorite background, it is worthless. I'm trying to think of the last time I saw a used computer for sale.

I may get in trouble for this, but even if it is Halloween night and you come at me dressed as a zombie, if you smell like death, you are getting your cranium ventilated. I've seen the movies.

IEDs found in Mexico. Not the drug traffickers this time. These are apparently environmentalists and animal rights psychos. I'm waiting for roadside bombs and such inside the U. S. borders.

I ran an update on my server. SMB came back with a question that wanted me to choose between things like "update", "leave it" , "3 way merge (experimental)". What the hell? I went ahead with the update expecteing fully to spend half the afternoon getting my server back to the point I could share files again.  These are scary questions. After the update, of course, I could not read my shared files. I simply restarted SMB and waited. It didn't work imedieatly, but I've learned to wait a couple minutes after making a change to smb.conf. Sure einough it came back up. Things seem normal so far.

It is too wet to mow this weekend. I worry it will bog down the mower and break something. It will gum up the weed whacker. It needs doing. I know I do not tend to get it done after work during the week.

When I say I want a fence on the southern border of our country, this is not what I man. It is going to take a terrorist insurgency bringing thousands of troops and hundreds of trucks in to the country and getting caught to make people wake up. It is going to take the same thing it always takes to get things done in this country. A big pile of dead tax payers.

No comments: