It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-10-26

Notes:

What did telling our troupes not to shoot back bought us? This may become the deadliest month in Afghanistan since the war started in 2001. Thanks Obama.

I could not sleep last night worth a damn. I kept having ridiculous dreams, but I don't remember what they were about. I just remember waking up and thinking "What the hell was that?" Had some frozen prepackaged bbq. Wonder if that kicked off the strange slumber.

Lunch was a bit short today. Normally I go walk around to clear my head and think about something else. Today I didn't get that chance. Normally, the rain doesn't stop me from getting to the parking garage. As previously blogged, that is all under construction. People have to make a dash from the front door of the building to the front door of the garage. The building is providing umbrellas, but the rain is blowing.

I ended up turning of the graphic effects on my home box. It is just an old piece of crap. I hadn't taxed the box much until just recently while performing video editing. That was the straw. X11 went from 15% usage on idle to 1% on idle. Not bad for a single setting. Besides, the mouse wheel was really pissing me off by flipping workspaces over the background. That made the change wort it. Maybe in my next box, I can use the fancy effects and menu ballooning or whatever it is called. I could bake cookies when I click render. Nat says it makes my computer sound like a vacuum cleaner.

Where are my USB sound cards? I'm missing all my podcasts dag-nabit.

Found out that Flanking Position will not have an episode this week. We all have families.  The heft of responsibilities on our lives makes the fun stuff take a back seat.

No comments: