It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-10-19

No sound card at work, day one

07:55: This is the first full day I will face work with no sound card. This may mean I'm alone with my thoughts today while stressed out over every day work issues. I will most likely break out the phone and online radio to save myself from climbing a tree and throwing poop at passers by.

09:15: I had to move my earphones out of reach to prevent myself from picking them up and putting them on out of habit.

10:30: Got a big task and bit the bullet. Phone cranking classical music for the moment. That didn't take long.

11:30: Switched from classical to heavy meteal to help me deal with network issues while trying to perform a big task assigned to me by 35 people.

11:45: Switched to comedy because the heavy metal was getting me a bit riled up.

I talk to myself more when I do not have a source of podcasts to listen too.

One huge advantage to listening to podcasts and music is a block list. I never want to hear a song from U2 ever again. I can stop and delete shitty news stories after listening to the intro. I can click the next button fifteen times in a row whe nthere is just a run of songs I am not in the mood for.

13:20: Listening to NPR, wishing I could skip through the liberal bias. Where is fox news when you need them?

13:30: Found Fox News. Found out that Fox News is slammed and could not get in. Went back to NPR.

17:00: Finally got through to Fox News. Not impressed.

No comments: