It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-10-09

Failure is Important

This just in: Obama gets a Nobel prize for not being George Bush. Environmentalists try to harness the energy of Nobel spinning in his grave.

Seriously, People in Europe love Obama because he is a member of the elite class. First Al Gore and now President Obama get Nobel prizes for rhetoric over function. Al Gore has a ranch that burns through more carbon than some countries. Obama has really achieved nothing yet beyond promising to hand our children a bill for continuing to screw off for the rest of his administration. He to is a hypocrite. Please, convince me otherwise. I challenge you.

This is the high society of Europe you have to remember. You also have to remember that this is the same 'class' or faction of people who want a convicted child molester to go free because he is an artist. His name is Polanski. I'm thinking it is time for a French tradition of lobbing the heads (figuratively of course) off the upper echelon of society and putting plumbers in charge.

There was something about 'participation' in the wording of the prize. This is a symptom of our times. Children are never really challenged in school. Kids are not aloud to fail. Failing is important. Everyone needs to learn how to handle failure and recover. You must learn to pick yourself up and get going again. It really scares the hell out of me thinking that Obama may have experienced failure for the first time after he was elected president of the United States.

Once upon a time, I learned to skate. My father asked me if I had fallen down recently. I said "Nope." all proud of myself. He then asked me "What have you learned then?" I didn't have an answer for that.

No comments: