It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-03-23

Very Local News

  • I got a pare of over glasses sunglasses. They look scary, but they do the job. The only place I can find them is Wal-Mart. They used to be $25 and up. Nat found a pare for $10. They still have $20 fit-overs. They have padding and form fit and are not quite so bug-eye looking. The cheep ones will do me just fine.
  • Knoppix may have gotten the idea. I need a boot CD that gives me a bunch of recovery tools and tons of drivers to get things up and running. I do not need a CD that turns nearly any computer in to a netbook.
  • Long, my office partner at work, saw his first wreck at the intersection in front of our building. He described it as one of the typical screech-crunch happenings we get every week or so. If you work here, you hear the screeches three times a day. The crunch is thankfully a bit more rare.
  • I'm cleaning up a lab at work. It is one of those areas used by fifteen different people to do things that they wee in a huge rush to do. The big boss came round and said to clean it up. I'm glad because that means I can take a bit of time and do it. There is a set of shelves in there that I'm consolidating. There is pile of random stuff that might be useful at some point. There are pieces of things that might, maybe be useful one day. Then there is a pile of junk. Honestly, it is like rummaging through someone else's belongings. I feel a bit voyeuristic, but I have permission. And, it is a bunch of nerd stuff. Surprisingly fun.
  • It takes longer to set up an XP box than it does a 2008 machine. There are a dozen or so programs you have to install to get an XP machine up and running. Vista is not much better. It is many times easier to set up a Linux box in a production environment because it can so easily be scripted.

No comments: