It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-03-16

Very Local News

  • My right sock wanted to toe of my boot on the commute in this morning. I had to stop four times to adjust it. There was nowhere dry to stop and sit down and take care of it until I got to the bus stop.  It is a relatively new sock.
  • The fog was very spotty this morning. One block was locked up and the next was nearly clear.  It reminded me of a movie set.
  • I had about the worse night sleep I've had in a while. I couldn't get to sleep. When I did get to sleep I dreamt of being an executive at a company trying to make soy squares of different flavors. These were made in the shape of the Enron logo and tasted like flavored cardboard. I was in charge of selling them. Is that a nightmare?
  • A third of all money that is 'off shore' is in a Switz bank that charges fees and sits on the pile. The U. S. government wants the names and details of 52,000 people from Switzerland banks. The Switz are looking at letting that information out. How times have changed.
  • Some say Madoff was so successful at getting people to invest because he didn't just take any one. There were minimums and rules. That jut made people want in more.
  • http is 45 years old. The guy who came up with it was just trying to prevent information from disappearing on the inter-connected computers between universities.
  • The 'Totally Geek Podcast' is cool because the guy uses products like Mt. Dew Code Red, Oreo Cakes and Coffee Cookies. When he doesn't have a sponsor he uses water. The guy has kids and likes playing with toys. How quickly his boys steel the geek toy is part if his rating system. How much better could it be?
  • There is a story about crematoriums taking titanium hip joints out of people to sell on a macabre black market. You couldn't make it up.
  • I think AIG is using the executive bonus thing to hide something bigger. They are not stupid people. I fear they are playing some kind of shell game.
  • Obama pulls another page from the Republican book and says he will not veto a bill that goes across his desk and taxes employer health care coverage. this move means your employer will give you the money, you pay taxes on it as income and you are on your own for heath care.
    yet another u-turn from the Obama administration.
  • "The Stars Are Also Flame" is a sci-fi book about people colonizing the moon and other places. Along the way, they have to change themselves genetically in order to thrive. the book goes in to one group feeling like the others have made a mistake. There is a whole discrimination overtone. I t is hard to read in places.
  • I've tried to watch both the American and British version of "The Office". I just can't make it through an episode. I just end up wanting to watch something else.
  • Eye appointment tomorrow. If I need a new prescription, I'll dump the ugly glasses for something a bit less ugly. Wish me luck.
  • Tax guy tomorrow. Nat is dropping of the paperwork. We should know soon if anything is a miss. hopefully not. We can't handle any unforeseen hiccups.
  • I'm excited about google voice . I for one welcome our web based overlords.  Google is taking on and really competing with a bunch of companies that have pissed me off. First it was Microsoft, which better look out. Now it is a bunch of phone companies that I have no love for. Hell, next it will be Proctor and Gamble. That is another blog entry.
  • Got home and weed-whacked the front. I didn't get much accomplished beyond getting covered in grass related gunk. At least this time I swapped pants before getting a clean pare dirty before their time.

No comments: