It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-03-03

Very Local news

  • Economy
    • AIG insures a bunch of European banks. Something like a quarter of a trillion dollars. This means the U. S. taxpayer is propping up a bunch of European banks.
    • Europe has been held together by the internal market. There is about to be a new iron curtin that the West puts up to keep the East masses at bay and salaries up. Some call this a split. Some call it civil unrest.
    • "Credit" has become a curs word. There is less and less stigma associated with being frugal. Parents are not considered stingy if they skip the huge birthday party for their kid this year.
  • Blog
    • I like having a blog. I like the release. I like the little bit of attention it brings me. I like it when people mention something that I mentioned on my blog.
    • It is a spooky when people know something about me I didn't tell them straight off. I wonder for a moment who ratted me out. Then I remember blogging about whatever it was.
    • Twitter is not blogging. It is twitting. They are different things with different goals.
  • Virtual machines rock. I have a need to build some software on stock Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.4. Sounds great. I have one machine that is 64 bit. I have no machines that are 32 bit. I use VMWare player running the OS I need to build. I have no extra machines. I really hate dealing with custom partitions on systems. Bad history there.
  • One of the podcasts spoke of a new study. They conclude that the vast majority of calories are the same. If you eat ice cream vs stake vs salad dressing, the calories all add up to the same blubber on your body. A soda is as fattening as a donut. A calorie is a calorie is a calorie ... apparently
  • I wonder if a netbook or web notebook would satisfy my needs for portable computing.

No comments: