It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-03-07

Trees

Nat got some trees. We sat out in the back yard for bit this afternoon in the lovely weather and crucified them. That is, we put long bamboo stakes in the pots and up the trunks of the little  trees. Then Nat tied some crossmember bamboo stakes and lashed the burdened limbs to the crossmembers. The small trees already have fruit growing and bending the limbs. They both remind me a bit of Charley Brown Christmas Tree.

It is late in the evening. The trees sit between the house and the fence on the side closest to the sun, that's the South side by the way. I wanted to nestle them in so the wind would not hit them too badly. Someone at the nursery said to keep them in the pots for a bit. We may have to ad some soil to one of them. They both survived the first rain just a little bit ago.

Nat has a vision of some kind of relaxing place in the back yard. I hate to tell her, but our back yard will never be a relaxing place as long as we have no barrier between Westheimer and our home. I fear the bench she wants back there and a place to relax will just never happen. Maybe she wants to look at it from the back window or talk about it to her friends. I just know that I'll have to mow around it.

No comments: