It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-03-01

Email to Amazon


Kindle 2 and the Visually Impaired.

I am Visually Impaired and Use text to speech to read on my computer. It is the same as a sighted person using the screen I am curious what Amazon's official policy is regarding the visually impaired and Kindle 2 text to speech. If I obtain a Kindle 2 will I be able to listen to a book even if the author or publisher does not want that functionality available without paying extra?

I await your official response.

In Texas I can get some kind of digital book reader from the Library for the Blind. I wander if it is a Kindle 2. Really, I just want to rattle Amazon's cage. It seriously upsets me that Amazon would be the first with this sort of innovation and just bend over. I mean, someone has to fight this fight and if Amazon is not going to do it, I, as a blind person, will have too. Thanks corporate America for refusing to stand up for your customer's rights yet one more time.

If I get anything resembling a response, I'll put it on the blog of course. Wish me luck.

No comments: