It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-02-21

Vote

There is a movement on the internet to get congress and the new president to put up a web page and let people air their opinion on who should get bailout money . I mean, it will never happen. Our representatives know they know better than the people. Who are these unwashed masses anyway. What makes them think they know what they want? I wonder if it would make them think about their constituents before their wallets? I wonder if it would make them think about what the idea behind a democracy is before they just agree with their party and tow the line?

Probably not. I mean the idea behind politics is not to make the people happy. It is not to satisfy the people. The idea is to run a government. The idea of the folks having any kind of direct say is purely a popularity contest and would make those difficult decisions like going to war a spur of the moment event that could not be avoided easily.

Still, I would join up just to bitch. I want a place to complain damnit. Someplace besides my blog that no one in a position of power will ever read. I want to ram my thoughts down the right throats.

The news will read "No one reads the forum on the government's new democracy by the people site." The complaints will go unheard. the prose will go unread, at least by any one in a position of influence. If I were them, I would not let my IP address get cought any where near that site. "We can prove that you read that idea on the Democracy by the People site. We are going to sue you for copy right infringement." Screw that.

No comments: