It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-02-28

Very Local News

  • Microsoft views piracy as it's number one competitor. Linux comes in second, followed by Apple. These are world wide numbers. This tells me they intend to tighten up on piracy and make it a pain in the ass to get anything useful out of a box running a pirate version of their OS. Go for it Microsoft. The harder you make it for folks to copy your stuff, the more people will realize there are free choices out there that are great. The more people on Linux the better I say.
    Some say Google is more of a threat to Microsoft than another OS. Not sure how I agree.
  • In France they call 'Affirmative Action' 'Positive Discrimination' which, is true to be honest. The person talking about this fact thought it was ridiculous to use that term. At the moment, it is illegal to keep track of someone's race in a senses in France. I almost like that idea.
  • I went through my Facebook friends last night and updated some contact information. It freaks me out how many people put their name, birth place and date of birth on the page, but won't put a phone number or email up. I don't think they get the concept of finding people.
  • The shelf I use at work to hold my monitors works great. My father built two of them out of plywood. One is at home. Trouble is, I now have two huge monitors at work. I need to add about ten inches in width to the shelf at work. I hit my elbows rolling back and forth trying to keep up with my mouse pointer.
    I do enjoy complaining about how vast my work monitors are.
  • Some annalist used a term "jy-mongo" when describing the stimulus save-the-economy thing that just went though.
  • I went in to work today (Saturday). I was able to get what I needed done in a quick hour and a half. I then went on to do some grunt work that I had put off. It was nice. The phone never rang.

No comments: