It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-02-27

Very Local News

  • Deja vu is the time traveling consciousnesses entering and exiting our existences. I just know it.
  • My podcasts would just not come in last night. I tried once last night and again over night. The downloads just would not complete. I wonder if the ISPs are  blocking the traffic in an effort to slimy copyright infringement. Thing is, these are all legitimate podcasts. It must just be the connection timing out. That happens some times with DSL. More lately it seems.
  • Music:
    • The podcasts being out of whack made me listen to music today. It was nice to be honest. I needed a break from the news. "Mr Brownstone" came on. I liked it. I forgot all the memories G&R touched. I like rose colored goggles. They make things seem so much more rosy. I do hate that little "Yalza" at the end of the song. It is a blemish in my opinion.
    • The Go-goes came on. Our Lips Are Sealed came on. For years I thought they were saying something like "Alix, I see you." I like my version better because it made the song about a person. It turns in to a stalker song with intrigue. It makes the song creepy. I liked it that way.
    • do-te-do bang! bang! Maxwell's silver hammer .. made sure that she was dead. do-te-do
  • I spent much of this morning fixing bugs and making warnings and errors go away.
    • Warnings are good advisement, but look bad. Noteworthy events should be noted, not necessarily acted upon.
    • Good old '2>/dev/null'. Nothing beats that. Well, except maybe trapping the error or writing the code so it doesn't error. Details details. Computers are too picky.
  • Had another UPS pow-wow. Only a couple of trucks showed up. I really wonder what is going on with these folks. It looked like they said something to each other and then pulled away. No pic. I'm board with it.
  • I took one look at my paycheck this morning and said aloud "I need to start robbing banks." someone chuckled.
  • The radio I listen to on my commute sucks. It was a $5 radio. The third set of earphones is dying. I do not want to replace this radio with another FM radio. I want something that does high definition radio or something. Since there is no satellite radio any more (soon anyway) I have to be careful what I get.
  • I have two wonderful monitors at work. I use them every day. They are enormous. Sometimes, when I double click in an email body for example, a window will pop up a meter away. I'll miss it and wonder why my email program just locked up. Remember, I have to get very close to the screen so my peripheral vision is limited to the spot in front of me. I have to lean back and look around the acre of screen for the new window.
    Nice!!!
  • I have so much to do and yet,  I still want quitting time to hurry up and get here. I'm staying over like an hour today so I don't know why I'm worried about it. I'm coming in tomorrow as well. There is so much to do it is nuts.

No comments: