It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-01-19

Worry-Wort

I am a worrier. I would prefer to be a warier, but that is not my lot.

Example:

Friday about 15:00 or so One of my fellow employees mentioned in the hall that he wanted to ask me a question off the clock. Now This guys is a good sole. He is salt of the earth. I'm not sure I would call us friends. We could be.

I'm thinking he needs to tell me about some person I pissed off at work, or something he over heard about me or my employment. This is on a Friday remember. I stewed all weekend. What does he want to ask? What did I do?

Before I took off for the day, I asked Adam about it. He had no idea what the other employee wanted. All I succeeded in doing was making Adam paranoid all weekend too. "What if it is about me!?" Hell, Adam even texted me Sunday about it. He never does that kind of thing.

So, I get in Monday and hit the wheel pretty hard. I crank out several things. I stop after about two hours for a breath and to fire off an email to the other employee. I didn't get through the first sentence, when he walks in my office.

He is a coin collector and has been reading articles about how the visually impaired are mad at the U. S. government for not having some mechanism built in to printed curacy to tell what denomination it is. He wanted to know my two cents.

I told him I I really like the idea of using coins for the one dollar bill and revamping the other denominations for nonvisual identification. I also mentioned a mobile phone that can take a picture of money and tell you what denomination it is. It works for Mexican and Canadian money too.

I called Adam after the other employee, what the hell, buddy left my office and told him what it was all about. He had some relief in his voice.

Nat was in on the exchange from Friday evening. She said "You guys have a middle school dram going on." in a condescending smirk. Ain't she cute?

After the drama, it was back to work. I did have a bit more spring in my step after that was resolved. See kids, it never ends. It just involves higher stakes.

No comments: