It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-01-04

Video Tests (updated)

Started Kino import at 16:25 2009-01-04. I predict 16 hours time to import. I'm pulling that number out of my ear. There is no progress bar in Kino during import. Kino insists on only editing MPEG format and converting everything to its favourite flavour of MPEG in order to edit. During export, I'll loose all the resolution I've shot. If memory serves, only old TV formats are supported in Kino for export.

This is really not going to work. I'm in trouble. I do not know what to do.

Update

Downloading Ubuntu because there is a group of people who keep at least one version of Cinelerra running on that platform. This doesn't mean anything will work. It will be some time before I get to a point I can test because I have to download and install a virtual machine that contains Ubuntu. That will take a while and some effort. Then I must figure out how to get Cinelerra running because it is not the turn-key kind of operation. 

I've used Cinelerra before and it does work when you know what you want. The interface is nearly unusable. It is slow and buggy. Half the things you click on simply make it go away and you have to start over again. Add this on top of a virtual machine quarks and I feel I'm doomed before I begin.

God help me.

No comments: