It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-01-18

Video on Fedora 10 continued

I figured something out. The software was lying to me. The reason the sound was off is the numbers were off inside the file. I took a peak at the internal data of one of the files I generated and found a number wrong compared to what I was telling the software. It turns out, that no matter what you do, you have to regenerate or render everything, every time you do anything. You cannot just let the software 'copy' content when you do a final cut. If you do it with video, you get sync problems between the different clips. If you do it with sound, the wrong numbers end up all over the place. This is odd because people recommend using copy if you can get away with it.

I have one software called Avidemux working to the point I can cut and stitch things together. It takes ages to render the final cut, but this is highe definition video technically. Besides, the files are massivly smaller post render. This makes storage and posting much easier. This is not the advanced software called Cinelerra, which allows all kinds of interesting stuff. Avidemux (where did they get the name?) is pretty much for cutting, stitching and converting. It looks like you can do some other basic stuff, but I do not see any way to add text for example. I think avidemux was designed to chop up and stitch together dowloaded videos. No need to add text to those. It has support for subtitles for example.

No comments: