It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-01-30

Very Local News

  • I was listening to one of the geek podcasts yesterday. This is one of the less organized podcasts. The guy was driving in his car and complaining about things that he had a hard time getting to work in Linux. "So I said 'fuck!!' Oh fuck! I'm not supposed to say 'fuck'. I'll have to edit that out later. ..."
  • There was a meeting this afternoon that was a pre-planning meeting. Planing meetings are to get a group to gather and make a plan for moving forward in a group. The pre-planning meeting is to get the planners on the same page so every one in the larger group meeting next week have some guidance. I didn't like the looks on people's faces, head in hands, as they left the pre-planning meeting.
    One might argue that this is a sign of minds coming together with friction and ideas being honed into something real.
    I call it clash of alpha types. so many trying to drag things in a direction not very distant from the group. Some pull just because they can. Some really believe.
  • My neck hurt at points in the day. I've mentioned it is from whip-lash in a car wreck a decade ago. I thought about getting surgery for it and the idea that I've thought lying around blogging all day would be a cool way to live. Well, I do not want to be the quadriplegic blogger. Just saying.

No comments: