- There are twice as many ministers in the U. K. today as there were when Churchill was prime minister.
- A couple of times during the day people stopped in the hall to discuss the inauguration. Mostly laugh at all the hype and ask something to the effect "What happens when he can't walk on water?" Same thing that always happens. People will complain and prey for change.
- Volkswagen and GM are number one at the moment in China. China is paying people to buy cars. The entire industry is rushing to fill the gaps.
- A sociologist said that the more we learn about Obama the less we
will like him as a nation. He is starting from too high a pedestal. He
is like dating a super model. The stupid bitch is hidden behind the
pretty ass. That is my analogy in case you couldn't tell.
- There are new rules in the U. K. for health and safety. There are situations where employees might go to jail for not following the rules.
- I got my 401/K statement earlier this month. It is still sitting
on my desk, unopened. I would have done better sticking the money under
- Spain has 16% unemployment. Some worry it will collapse and take
the Euro with it. Some speculate the country most likely to leave the
Euro is Germany because their economy is barring the brunt of the
troubles and propping up the rest of Europe.
Wake up to Money used the D word. "Depression" looms. It took a year to call it a recession.
In the U. K. housing prices are so low that every one is trying to buy and people are taking their properties off the market and hanging on.
- I listened to a tech podcast today that mentioned a diving computer that you ware while diving, that does some really cool stuff. It looks like a large watch. It syncs with your computer for keeping records. It uses solar power. It has a sensor you put on the tank that keeps track of pressure and gas time. Whatever that is. It even has GPS. It is an OLED display as well.
- A bunch of HD TVs will have 802.11n wireless built in. Some warn
that this 802.11n is the new 802.11g. Don't get caught out of fission.
- Dow drops 332 points on Obama's inauguration day. Not a good sign.
It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.
Posted by Kelly Hawkins at Tuesday, January 20, 2009