It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-01-08

Very Local News

  • I turn forty in about a month. Yuck. My mom's birthday is right before mine. I have no idea what to do.
  • There is a huge number of corporate defaults coming in 2009 according to some annalists.
  • There are 800 tunnels in the Gaza strip. 90% of goods in Gaza come through those tunnels. Where does the money come from to pay for these goods? Is anything going the other way?
  • Leap seconds are a pain in the ass for IT. The Earth's rotation is slowing down about a second every five hundred days. Then there is the earthquake that kicked off that tidal wave a couple years ago. That affected the Earth's rotation too.
  • Last night I lay listening to a science fiction story about modern wireless hacking of video streams between a camera and a young blind girl's brain when I noticed how much my neck and shoulder hurt. I do not know how I pulled something, but I have. What did I just say about turning 40? I'm forgetful too. Great.
  • Universities should be ranked based on how well people do five, ten, twenty years after they graduate. There probably is a ranking of this. I haven't dug in to it.

No comments: