It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-01-01

20G is not enough

I created a virtual disk for Vista that was 20G. This will not be enough. As I was running updates the drive filled up. Remember, This install has no other software installed. It is Vista, One program that is about 1MB total, and the updates. The 20G drive is slammed. The downloads of the updates was 5.5G. Goodness knows how many gigabytes are used up during install.

What is the point. I mean, I'm only creating this virtual machine for one program. How much hard drive real estate will the Flip Mino HD require?

After running disk clean-up, basically nothing happened. The amount of stuff removed was negligible. After removing features like games and printing, nothing. I don't have permissions to modify the temp folder? You have got to be kidding. There is no way to tell where all the space is being eaten up.

It really is going to boil down to me starting over again with an 60G virtual drive. What a nightmare. I'm just trying to tell if this thing works.

No comments: