It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-02-12

Sick Day

I took today off. At 05:30 I awoke to my alarm blaring. I hadn't gotten much sleep. I coughed and grumbled most of the night. I had gone to bed before 21:00. I just plane felt run down and ill. I had hoped a good night sleep might help. Well, it was the extra five hours after I was supposed to get up that seem to have helped. As of about 13:00 I fee much better.

At the moment of waking, I was sitting in bed and pondering my commute and day that lye ahead of me. My throat hurt to the point I didn't want to cough, but I had to any way. I thought about asking Nat if I could get a ride much later in the morning. Then the little voice came on in my head and told me to just cal in sick. I need the time I answered. The little voice said "Trust me, call in sick." So I did.

Then I rolled over and listened to Nat and Elle bounce around the hose a couple times trying to get ready fir their day.  I laid there expecting Nat to walk in and get something she needed. We haven't been sleeping in the same room for months. I think that is just the way our marriage will go for ever. Hey, some folks have separate houses like my grandparents.

So, Nat walks in to the bedroom looking for something. I mumbled something and she stopped startled a bit. We spoke of her trip she needed to make today. She needed gas money. Yadda, yadda.

I eventually got up and took a shower. Once I started feeling a bit better I got on the computer of course. I listened to some music. Then I read some blogs. Then I wrote a couple blog entries. Nat just got back with some fast food for dinner. It is still early so I'm sure we will eat again before bed time. I didn't eat any dinner last night so I'm hungry.

It's funny. I was able to do some work from the house. If I had a phone and network access, I could so easily do most of my job from the house. I could not read the front panels of lab machines. I could not throw a switch when without help. The rest though, I could do in my underwear from home. I'm not going to hold my breath.

I got some data DVDs burned. I got some blogging done. I looked up some new music. I even looked up the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader for Linux and downloaded for work. I also verified some changes happened on one of our web pages. So, I got a very little bit of work done. Not a bad thing.

Tonight, I plan on getting a good night sleep and maybe taking some NiQuil or something. It is good to get better.

No comments: