It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-02-27

Computer hooked to TV

Nat finally hooked her computer to the TV. I've been trying to get her to either hook Elle's computer up or her own. She is watching some online video. No, a movie she borrowed from the library about tornadoes. The day we got the TV, I tried to get her to hook up one of the computers.

"Wow honey, this is beautiful." It is quite beautiful. Her computer running Vista seemed to recognize the TV without trouble. It hooked up straight through a standard VGA connector. It is, after all, a monitor with a few extra bits attached that allow it to be a TV on the side. The hard part was running a network cable from the hub over to that part of the living room.

We used one of my wireless-less connectors. They are fifty foot Ethernet cables. I paid $12 a piece for them. They have been invaluable.

I'm looking forward to the $300 DVD player we got for Christmas to sit and collect dust now. It has too many shortcomings anyway.

She surfed the net for a moment on the TV. It has a resolution of something like 1280x720 or something. That is good enough for most computer tasks. It is 32 inch. Not too shabby.

No comments: