- Jake is getting in to DnD. We have won another convert. He showed
up today with a Player's Handbook. I suggested reading the attack round
walk through and the character type descriptions.
I couldn't help but listen to him try and justify his new obsession to his girlfriend. That was funny.
- Podcasts have the same commercials over and over. It is a
nightmare. The MS/NBC podcasts won't let me fast forward for some
reason. They start over if you hit the button. That is maddening.
- There is a presenter working for CNN radio named Hairy Beadle.
Not sure how it is spelled. I'll bet I'm the first person to giggle at
that. (not) Poor bastard. At least he doesn't do the whole Harold
Beadle thing. That might look like he is trying to hide the obvious
turn on his name. He probably tried that in grade school and learned
- I'll never get used to the extra delay that occurs in interviews.
In this day of live interviews from different continents makes for
delays between question and answer. I thought I would get used to it
after a while. That is not happening. There is a mystical timing of
conversation. Radio is supposed to be tight. No down time. Any blank,
however short, sticks out. Then comes the natural flow of conversation.
No "um" to fill the gap.
- Both the mall shootings lately, one in Houston
and one in Omaha
were perpetrated by people with the last name Hawkins. The news made a
note of them both having the same last name. They wer both from the
midwest. It is kind of creepy.
- People are mad because credit cards jack up the rates because
they can. Moral of the story is, don't use credit cards. I just hope I
can live by that rule.
- I've heard someone makes a 4 megapixel video camera. It is pricey, but it takes high res video for research purposes. It does slow motion capture too. I'll have to track it down, but that sounds awesome. That is twice 1080p quality.
- I'm getting a gut. It isn't fat for the most part. It is that old man distended belly thing. The muscles are moving forward. I wonder if I have a tapeworm or something.
- Elle has a slumber party Friday evening. I don't like the idea of having a bunch of other people's kids staying with us over night. but then I don't have much input in these decisions.
- The inflation rate is not going through the roof. Food, housing,
fuel are all left out of the calculation. it is money out of our
pocket, it should be built in so the government knows better when and
why people are snapping their wallets shut, thus affecting the economy.
My definition of inflation is my money buys less than it did yesterday. This includes everything that I spend money on, not just discretionary purchases.
- I carry a flashlight in my back pocket. Most of the time anyway. It comes on all the time. "Your ass is glowing." The mechanism is just unscrewing the end and the light comes on. I'm cranking it down hard now to keep it from coming on by itself. It might break the switch or light. That is just going to have to work. It is that or carry a different light and I just don't have the money to get another light.
It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.
Posted by Kelly Hawkins at Thursday, December 06, 2007