It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-12-09

Parenthood log, day 1832

Elle has beaten the odds. There was a time when children were not given a name until they were three or five years old because the odds of their survival was low. You will find things in the history of family trees where you might find the statement "four surviving children."

I've been part of Elle's life since about April 13, 2005. That makes it 970 days. That is about half her life so far.

To Elle.

One day you will read this blog, I hope. You might not be bothered. That's fine. If I wanted to make you know how I felt I should have made it know today.

You ask so many questions it drives Nat and I crazy. I love that.

You throw a fit every time you are supposed to go to bed. I miss it when you don't.

You insist on putting your cloths on backwards and inside out. That is so you.

You like telling people you love your Jeep. Trever did well getting you that.

You are hungry all the time. Then you eat two bites. and want to play.

You play your little computer game for hours. Then you get on the real computer. Like step dad like step daughter.

All you ever want to do is help and learn. I wish that would stick around.

One day you will want as little to do with us as possible. That is natural and normal. I hate it. I accept it.

You enjoy today for today. I learn that from you.

You smile and giggle at the simplest things. That is the most amazing thing.

You cry at simple things too. But that's you.

Your are a great kid. I can't wait to meet you as a teenager and adult.

I love you sweetie.

No comments: