It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-12-05

Nice Day

How much would I love to be independently wealthy enough to sit on a beach, sipping mi-ties while keeping one eye on the surf and the other on my tan? There is a whole class of jet-setting folks who simply go from very expensive resort to very expensive resort and enjoy the life they have fallen in to.

We really aren't the type for that sort of thing. I think Nat and I are more conservative than that. It would be nice to have the option.

That said, I like where we are really. The money is tight. We are making it. One day at a time. It is good to take a moment and realize the position you are in is not all that bad. It isn't bad at all. We are all relatively healthy. The bills are paid, mostly on time.

Heck, it was even a very nice day outside. I walked around at lunch and just absorbed the sunshine. They guys doing a bunch of work on top of the parking garage were deliberately sitting in the sun woofing down some sandwiches and telling jokes in Spanish. It was another day that tempted a half day of vacation.

I wish I could blog the music emails that have been going around at work. I'll try to pull all the names and useful information out of them and see if they still make any sense. I may post some excerpts. It is truly a geek fest about the music people listen too and the video game platforms that have the Guitar Hero or Rock Star games. I know if I cut it down I will not do it justice. You may have to just take my word that it is one of the nerdiest things I've ever encountered.

I did notice a couple of things just kind of randomly this afternoon. I really think the glasses I ordered used the right lens prescription for both lenses. The left lens doesn't seem quite right. I noticed that my contacts are spot on in the prescription.  I noticed the headache too. I noticed a little spot I missed on  my mustaches this afternoon. I tried cutting it with my pocket knife. I noticed that I need to sharpen my pocket knife.

No comments: