It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-12-08

Elle's birthday

The whole clan went over to my parent's place last night for a pizza/cake/ice-cream party for Elle's fifth birthday. It was a ball. Elle got a little hand held game that has all kinds of educational interactive things. Most importantly, it has a headphone jack. Good parents. I had fun. Elle had fun. Nat seemed to enjoy herself until it came around to me.

After eating I noticed Nat shooting me really dirty looks. I tried to ask her what was upsetting her and she just stared at me with the same dirty look. I didn't want to make a scene so I went and laid down. That didn't help things. Nor did kicking the cake in the back seat (I was trying to hold back some papers (trash) with my foot to grab something out of the back seat because my other head was full) and nearly ruining it. Only the cover was dented so if you could get past the fact that someone's foot had just been co close to i, it was still editable. Followed immediately by dropping the cake in a comical three stage catch and drop before it hit the driveway in obvious cake death landing icing down.

Nat was upset. Elle was looking forward to having cake this evening.

The cake hitting the pavement was just .. the icing on the cake. There are deeper problems. I wish she and I could sit down and talk about stuff without a fight.

No comments: