It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-12-17

Commute

I fell this morning on the way in. It was in the thirties. There was frost on the grass. The atmosphere looked, felt and smelled cold. It was glories. People were driving like maniacs. Well, some of them were. You wouldn't know it was a week before Christmas.

Twenty five minutes to walk, or a bit more. Twenty five minutes to wait for the bus. Twenty minutes for the bus ride to work. One of my coworkers complained that his new house is now twelve minutes from work as apposed to eleven minutes.

Just as we pulled up to my bus stop to get off, I felt a sharp pain in my right arm. My triceps muscle screamed as I used my right arm to balance myself for the breaking. It took me ten minutes to realize the fall on my right side, on to soft, though wet grass, had pulled the muscle.

There were no wrecks that I noticed, or listed on the traffic reports. It was just cold and bright. If it weren't for the fall and the other commuters, It was a nice walk. I didn't realize it at the time, but I covered ground very quickly.

No comments: