It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-10-08

Weekend
So, Nat informs me on Thursday while I'm mowing the yard that she doesn't want to go to faire this weekend. I had just gotten a phone call from some friends who said they were not going to go out to faire because they cannot get a babysitter. This takes the wind out of my sails. Hey, that's fine. We can take a weekend off. Then, Saturday morning she gets a call that a bunch of her family is showing up. So, she wants to go anyway. That's fine, but my moment for faire has passed. I choose to take the weekend off anyway and just hang out Saturday. Well, it turns out the friends showed up Saturday too. By the time camp rolled around, every one was piled in the GP Large and I was listening to a great time over the phone. Nat informs me she is going back Sunday morning because she wants to model chainmail for Lord Randolph again.
I'm asleep by the time she gets home. I'm still asleep when she leaves Sunday morning. Elle shows up just after noon. She cries until she figures out Mommy is not home then quiets straight down to an afternoon of torturing the dog and eating the house down. That is about normal these days.
So, I didn't spend a moment at faire or the camp this weekend. I did get to hear plenty of really cool stories about the full moon and having fun with friends. I had every chance of going. It is not going to be a fun week at work without the relaxation.
Addenda 1
One of Nat's stories was of a dust devil following them around while they entered the camp grounds. When she got home, we watched a show on PBS about tornadoes. Then, the home makeover show was on. They were playing an episode where a family got put out of their house by a tornado. The creepy part is the family in the show had our same last name.
Addenda 2
On the way home, Nat was accosted by a vehicle full of teenagers. She had to call the police. By the time the teens figured out Nat was writing down their license plate number they took off. The police have the numbers and description of the vehicle and people.  A report went into the system. Nothing will happen, but it should I wish a cop would at least follow up on the issue just long enough to scare the teens in to realizing that there are consequences to their actions.

No comments: