It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-10-11

Photo-Op
I went out for my normal constitutional walk at lunch today. I pace around the parking garage and talk to myself. Well, in between topics I noticed the shadow of a cloud on the ground laid out in front of me. I was on the roof, or top floor, of the garage with an unobstructed view of the lovely blue partly cloudy sky. This single poofy cloud was just next to the sun. I raised my hand up to block the intensity of the sun and could see both the whole cloud and it's whole shadow in my site at the same time. the shadow dwarfed the entire apartment complex behind the parking garage slopping over on all sides. I thought to myself "That little cloud is one apartment complex in diameter." it gave a strange feeling of just how high that cloud floated. It wasn't that high at all. I figure it was about six or eight times higher than the building based only on dead reckoning.
I stood there in awe once again of nature and our insignificant there in, and thought "I need a wide angle lens for my camera so I can capture something like this." But, my camera wouldn't do justice to a wide angle lens. It is not high enough resolution. No, I need a new rig. Something from Nikon. That Canon over exposes every picture it takes. What I really need is a flash right now, but I don't want to spend money on my current setup.
By this time the cloud floated away. I could still see it and the shadow below it. They were distant now and hazy. It reminded me of West Texas when I saw several clouds cast their shadows on the sides of hills and the desert floor. it gave the most wonderful depth to the whole scene.
That reminds me of Yellowstone Park and the observation station at the top of one of the summits we climbed. I took pictures of the amazing view that day. I caught clouds from the top casting shadows on valleys tens of miles away. All was blue and orange and green and distant. That was summer. I would like to photo Winter someday.

No comments: