It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-10-25

inadequacy
We use a document tracking software at work. No news there, every one uses them these days. It sends out emails that have the comments of people on the different projects. I got one of those mails today. It was talking about hooking frame monitors up to equipment to make sure data wast tracing properly. It was not in great detail, but was specific on what kind of test someone wanted to run and what kind of data they were looking for. I got the gist of it from a ten thousand foot level, but I had no goddamn clew how to do it or even where to begin.
It was a  stark reminder that I'm not an engineer. I have not had the training these other folks have had. I'm here to do different tasks. When I was with my old company, I felt like a genius. Now I feel like a janitor with a keyboard. I'm learning a lot. I will not match wits with these folks here. I fill a niche.

No comments: