It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-10-15

Faire - week 3
Pictures are up.
The first eleven or so pictures are from first weekend.
My favorite
Nat and her new armor.
There is a year long story behind this one. We went to the Goblin King last year and picked out this armor. More accurately, Nat picked out the bottom part. We could only pay for part of it at the time. It was supposed to make it to one of the Goblin King parties, but that didn't work out. Anyway. We finally got our budget together. Since it had set in a shop for a year, it needed to be reworked. Not only did they do that, but the Goblin King threw in the shoulder pads and neck thing for no extra charge. that is just the way they work. I like Goblin King. Nat and I are both highly satisfied.
Day 1
Friday evening we set up tent and played around. They had a huge raised fire pit. It is so nice having a fire. I'm trying to think of anything cool that happened Friday, but Nothing comes to mind. Those are the good days. Kim and Dana stopped by. Several other familiar faces. It was just plane fun.
Day 2
Saturday during the day was very nice. Woke up had a great breakfast. Got dressed out and headed in to faire.
We went by the Goblin King and Nat got her new armor. Mongo was introduced to a new club. A bunch of folks we know all came by at one point or another. We stopped by the haunted house where Nat's mom works. They have the new bobble-heads in. Somehow Elle ended up with the witch. I think Bill or Ted must have picked it up.
Shit Daemon
I stumbled back to the camp grounds and just sat there for a while. I walked around the camp grounds while others prepared the evening meal. I find it best if I stay out of the way. While walking around that back road I noticed there were a lot less people than first weekend. That's normal. First and last weekend. It is fun to look at all the different people.
A little while after I got back, we ate and I noticed a woman and three prostitots at camp who I have never seen before. The mother was drunk off her ass and combative from the start. They were all dressed like slutty pirates. I thought I got a photo of them, but I didn't.
So mom goes to drum circle and ends up running a bunch of people off who were trying to dance. The girls come back to camp with some sob story about how mom is passed out in some tent. I'm hearing stories about how nuts this chick is, and how belligerent. Someone tells me she threatened to abandon her kids. That is all second hand info thought.
This is the point I went to bed.
I stumble out of bed about 3 am to take a leak and notice a tent right in the middle of camp. I remember a story of a very drunk guy who was trying to set up a tent in the middle of camp last year. He was just so drunk that he didn't realize the open area was someone's camp. Well, this looked planed. I went on about my business.
Day 3 (shit daemon continued)
So, I'm laying in bed listening to my knees creek and I hear some commotion outside and the sounds of revulsion among a crowd. I missed all the "fun" that happened the morning too. Apparently, I'm a heavy sleeper. I get up and get the story second hand. The people at my cam didn't want to let the three girls loose because mom was completely out of it. So, being good people, they set up the tent and put them all to bed. In keeping with the old saying "No good deed goes unpunished." The psycho bitch had had one of those horrible drunk shit-all-over-herself episodes in the tent. They ended up abandoning the tent and salvaging the hardware.
This is one of those things that happen. It five years someone will ask "Remember that bitch who tried to abandon her kids and ended up shitting all over the inside of a tent?"
This was one of those drama things people gripe about at Faire. Oh, well. I slept through most of it.
Sunday, I wanted to catch some pictures of Elle, but it was raining and I was too busy trying to pack up and basically just messing around. Got home. Slept for a bit. Unloaded the car. Started in on the pictures. I'm pooped. I need a vacation from my vacation.
It is supposed to rain again next Saturday. Dammit.

1 comment:

Celtic Gypsy said...

Go to my blog for the complete details on the Shit Daemon. It is much worse then Kelly even knows about. I (unfornately) was there for most of what happened. (Hince, the lack of sleep over Saturday night.) My older brother camped outside of the tent (The Shit Daemon, her daughter and two neices) were camped in...he just wanted to make sure that she did leave the girls abandoned. She really did say that she was going to take off and leave them. I was standing two feet away from her when she said it.