It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-08-30

While at Work Today
I thought about life for a moment. I only had a moment because I'm busy. You know, getting things done. Getting on with life. When the thought of what was going on around me hit me like a brick. Nat is at home sowing with a friend. They are making costumes for the costume party next month. The kids are in school (Elle and Ben, our friend's kid). I am at work. So is the other significant other.
Every person in this office has the same kind of thing going on. If they are single, they still have family or friends. The worked ticks along. It hurts my head.
People head out to lunch. People head home at the end of the day. The streets nearly kill us all. We eat. We sleep. We love for a little while. Then, it is back to work. I spend more time on the computer at work than I do with my family. The candle burns.
No solution, no winners or losers. Just the way things are. I'm happy. My God! ... I'm happy.
You wouldn't know it to look at me.

1 comment:

Celtic Gypsy said...

Costume party is September 16 at 18:00 (6:00 pm).