It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-08-29

Switch
I should have switched to aMule a long time ago. It is more stable. It doesn't give me childish limits on my settings. It has run for several days in a row and remained at higher speeds. it doesn't even seem to be breathing heavily.
The interface needs some work. The statistics don't seem to work. I always get the same scale. The lines of the line graph shoot off the top of the chart never to be seen again. I assume I have a setting wrong somewhere. I'm not that concerned about the graph. I'm glad to get the reliable program.
Speaking of reliability, I did some testing on the VNC vs xterm front. It is possible to run these particular tests via VNC, disconnect, then reconnect later. The tests survive fully even if the network is killed over a half hour. The xterm program dies after a couple of minuets. Until we have a consistent problem, I'm not making the switch.

No comments: