It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-08-02

Day
I learned a ton about python today. I learned not only how to fire off a new process, but how to communicate with it to a point. I still can't get the interaction to work as advertised, but I'm much closer than I was yesterday. I like this job. I get a chance to try new stuff and to dig around to make things work. That is fun to me.
I made a simple command line program "say" something and I was able to "hear" it from inside my program. This is boring to most of my readers, I'm sure. It is very exciting to me. It is the first step to writing programs that control other programs. Once I can figure out that task, the door will open. I'll be able to automate tasks better, write custom regression tests  There are all kinds of programs out there to do this sort of thing. They all suck. I'm going to write my own. I'm going to have fun doing it too.
I also figured out why one computer would not find another across the network. It was a pain. I'm getting tired of Red Hat. Ubuntu was easier.
I'm off to bed.

No comments: